Saturday, December 18, 2010

Preggo Pics/This and That

Below are some pics! Unfortunately, I didn't start taking pictures until 15 weeks. I don't think there was a whole lot to see before then, but it would have been fun to see the bloat of IVF to shrink and then start expanding again. :) At the beginning of these, I would try to make sure to have my makeup on and hair somewhat fixed...but as you'll see I get a little lax the farther along I get. I haven't taken 23 week pictures yet but I will before I turn 24 weeks on Tuesday! So far I think I've gained around 10 lbs. The scale seems to be hovering around that amount. I like my doctor's philosophy that we'll only worry about weight if it gets out of hand. He told me that he could tell I was a smart girl and that I knew what I should be eating...so eat right most of the time. I've really tried to eat right and in moderation with a few burger and fries thrown in. Current cravings include: greasy-spoon breakfast, OJ, spinach dip, french fries, apples oranges and chocolate milk. Mike felt Reid move for the first time on Wednesday, December 15th. He was going nuts in the belly and I realized all the sudden that I could see and feel his movement so I grabbed Michael just in time for Reid to give him some karate chops! Michael talked to him and praised him for his awesome moves...to which Reid entertained us more with a few more acrobatics! Talk about amazing...

On the same night that Reid jumped around, I woke up about 4pm with some intense pain on my right side from belly to back. I woke Michael up because the pains were so sharp I thought I was going to throw up (some of which could have been nerves since I was so scared something was wrong). The severe pain lasted about 30 minutes and then began to subside. I think if they lasted a little longer, we would have probably loaded up and gone to the hospital. I was able to go back to sleep but called the doctor the next morning. My OB felt like they were growing pains and warned me there would probably be more. I'll be darned, but I bet I was two inches bigger the next day! This has definitely been my biggest week of growth. It's actually hilarious. If I get brave enough, I'll post a belly shot next week to show proof. Last night I again awoke in pain but cramps this time from my ribs to my knees. I tried to wake Michael up, but he was out so I got up and took some Tylenol. The cramps finally subsided about an hour later. I am hoping for some sleep tonight! All this growth is so reassuring that Reid is growing in there even though we don't have another doctor's appointment until December 27th.

*Side note: Michael is watching TV beside me as I write. I just felt Reid shift to my left side and saw my belly move in my peripheral vision. Michael just put his hand on my belly and we felt Reid give me about 4 big kicks. We had a good laugh and will go to sleep very happy to know that he is s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g out! I love it. On that note, this happy Momma is going to sleep!

16 weeks - going to try to get my hair back to this shape...something went goofy with my last haircut

17 weeks (right after we took our Christmas card photos)

Whoops, never got around to taking 18 weeks...
19 weeks in Scottsdale, AZ. Boy, am I glad we went on vacation when we did. I was still very mobile and comfortable.

20 weeks in Sedona, AZ. Standing on a ledge to get a good shot of the "Red Rock" formations. Michael reminded me not to fall. Thanks!

Still 20 weeks but had on makeup and added in cactus. :)

21 weeks...never took a belly shot but did use the expectant mother parking spot at Babies R Us!

22 weeks looking less than stellar and with a cold. Happy as a clam though! I think I'll retire this shirt as it seems to be the "go-to" and I have much cuter stuff! 23 weeks forthcoming...








5 comments:

  1. So cute mamma!!!!!! I'm impressed that you have taken one every week. We have not been so diligent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talk about "glowing". So happy . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute! I can't wait for this week's picture! The cramping doesn't sound fun with all of the obvious worry added to it, so I'm glad you were having growth spurts and that the cramps eventually subsided. Also, the movement must be so fun! I'm sure it's amazing and that Michael is excited about something that he too can feel! Can't wait to see you for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete