Sunday, September 12, 2010

I feel great! And other updates.

OK, I'm not going to lie. The attention you get when you are pregnant is sweet. Most conversations now start like this: "I'm so happy for you! How are you feeling?". How could one not like that another person is sincerely happy (for moi?!) and that they want to know my condition and well-being?! However, I never really know how to answer how you are feeling...so most the time I just say I feel great because I do. But for those of you that want to know the nitty-gritty symptoms I'm having, here is the list:
*I'm still on progesterone, so I'm still a wee bit tired. Actually comatose, but in the last two weeks, I have been able to push through a little more. I do feel more fragile if that makes sense.
*My lower back/upper butt bone on my left side feels like it is going to break every time I take a step with my left foot. I have a doctor's appointment next Monday and hope to figure out what the deal is. It hurts b-a-d.
*Random afternoon sickness, but NOTHING to write home about. I was spared!
*A few headaches.
*A changing body. Hello baby bump. Yes, after I eat breakfast, I'm already showing. I wake up with only a slightly pudgy stomach but after 10am it is full-pregnancy stomach. I don't know why I'm showing so early, but who cares?!
*Current cravings: OJ, pimento cheese, and coconut creme pie (with meringue!). I'm hoping that celery, spinach and boneless, skinless chicken breast are going to crop up on the list soon... :)
*Stupidity...I almost blew up the house with a gas stove, candle and leaving the house episode. Glad Michael came home about 15 minutes after I left the accident waiting to happen brewing. It's funny to think about, but it really could have been a disaster. I'm now being much more careful with flammable anything and sharp objects.
I'd say all-in-all, I'm rocking through this first trimester unscathed. I am soooo thankful. Each symptom (minus excruciating back pain) is just more evidence that this story comes with a happy ending; I love it!

Michael and I went to Buy-Buy Baby yesterday. Our first excursion into the unknown that is baby "stuff". Wow. I think both of us were in shock for the first few aisles. Michael turns to me and notes that we're basically going to need everything in the store. And at that point, I realize I know zip about what we'll need. I mean, I hope to supply the food source, then we'll need diapers and a carrier/carseat...but what else is there? Apparently 100,000 square feet of "musts" at Buy Buy Baby. They should call it Buy Buy Money. Anyhoo, the most confusing part was the stroller section. Any recommendations in this area are gladly accepted! It was actually so surreal (and awesome!) to be shopping for us and not for a gift for someone else!

Michael decided that based on our visit to the baby store, we need our own reality show about two, 30 year old lovebirds that have spent two years trying/planning to get pregnant but not a second on actual child rearing. Although we think we might be entertaining enough, we decided that the eminent divorce that the fame would cause in 6 years, the national hatred for me as the overbearing mother and the fact that Michael looks bad in Ed Hardy t-shirts are reasons enough to not pitch the show. It was a good thought, though.

Well those are my updates for now. I'll be 10 weeks on Tuesday (yay!).

Other posts in the upcoming days: office remodeled and splurge o'the decade baby-bag.

1 comment:

  1. I should have warned you NOT to go into those stores without someone who has had a kid. You don't need 3/4 of that crap that is in those stores. Trust me.
    As for stroller suggestions, send me your email and I'll send you my recommendations.

    ReplyDelete