Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Rocking...

I just rocked my 10 week old baby boy to sleep...

I wish I had a picture to share but here's what it looked like: the room was dark except for the night-light of his closet peeking under the closed door, his lullaby was playing on the ipod speakers very quietly, his nap nanny was set up to help fend off the acid reflux, he was swaddled like a little beautiful burrito and his eyes stared into mine until he drifted off to sleep as we rocked to the sway of the lullaby.  Every once in a while I got a little glimmer of a smile before he was fast asleep.  No cries, just a relaxed baby ready to go night-night but not without the comfort of his mommy before bed.

It was heaven.  I think I'll do this every night until he won't let me anymore...

1 comment:

  1. You will treasure these moments in your heart forever. Enjoy . . . .

    ReplyDelete