Friday, September 16, 2011

Month by Month!

My baby turned 5 months on September 5th!  He has grown!

Reid is a world traveler...or a Texas/Oklahoma traveler at least!  He does a great job when we've gone on visits to his grandparents homes and most recently to Lake Livingston with great friends (post to come).  In his 5th month unfortunately, Reid has an ear infection caused by acid reflux that we just can't seem to kick.  We're on our second round of antibiotics (fingers crossed).  This week at the doctor's Reid weighed 19 lbs. 14 oz....my little sack of potatoes.  :)  In other Reid news:
*He continues to love anything toot noises!  A sure laugh.
*Reid reached for up his dad the other day.  Precious.
*We eat rice cereal ever night.  So far mixed with prunes and sweet potatoes.  Reid also likes table crackers...although I'm probably a bad mom for letting him lick the salt.  Then I decided we're not introducing gluten this early due to his Daddy-O's Celiac Disease.  So I got some rice puffs for him to try. Adorable, I tell ya.
*Reid is in size 3 diapers.
*Reid wears 6 to 12 month clothes.
*The boy loves the water and loves boat rides.  Even covered in SPF, long sleeved shirt, life-jacket and death grip by his momma, the boy napped all around the lake.
*Reid's PT for torticollis has reached a plateau.  We're trying different stretches and strengthening exercises to work towards improvements.
*The champ continues to roll and spend lots of time on his tummy.  He kicked the swaddle to the curb last month (much to the comfort of my mom who could barely look at the swaddle because of her claustrophobia!).
*Reid loves his binkie!
*Reid's favorite toy is Scout the dog.
*Mommy and Daddy love, love, love this kid.  I mean like I just adore him. 
*One thing I could do without is Reid's new bird, crazed animal noise.  It's a little loud and intense.  :)
*Reid's separation anxiety, while flattering, leaves it hard to get anything done.  Oh well!
*He is still a spit up machine, but I dare say it has gotten a little better.
*The child has the most beautiful blue eyes you've ever seen.
*He already has a best friend named Dax who lives near Houston. 
*Every sentence in our house ends in -ers.  I call Reid, Reiders...which I think is catching on because I hear others calling him by this nickname too! 

Below is a little stroll down memory lane birth and month by month (including some 5 month outtakes performed by my little ham!).











Love you little, Reiders!

2 comments:

  1. This little guy has captured our hearts. 5 months? Can it be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to get my hands on him, LOVE that face!!

    ReplyDelete