Thursday, September 1, 2011

Writer's Block...

I have writer's block.  Unless it is 1:30am.  I have frequent night awakenings...sometimes it is Reid, Michael snoring, Zoey snoring, planes flying overhead or just about anything else that wouldn't wake anyone else but me, the lightest sleeper in the world.  So many times when I'm trying to go back to sleep I think, "oh, I need to blog about this" or have a random deep thought worthy of some self expression.  But, I can never remember what I was going to write about the next morning!  I just need to start documenting the adventures of Reid and mommy (and daddy when he's not traveling for work).  I have just been enjoying Reid.  I never thought at 31 that my current goal would just be hanging out...but that is exactly what I love doing.  I know I will eventually go back to work...but that just seems so much less important right now.  I'm not a great life multi-tasker.  I either work really hard, love really hard to stress really hard.  I prefer to love on my family right now (thanks MRob for working so hard so that I have this option).

So this week we have spent time with Nana and Pops, enjoyed a visit from MiMi and Papa C, went swimming at the Smiths, loved a visit from Anne and Graham, had dinner with Kristen and Parker, took Reid to his first Kindermusik class, went to physical therapy and ran lots of errands.  Oh, we also left Reid with a sitter for the first time at Kristen and Benton's house for adults night out.  We wound up staying the night so that we didn't have to wake Reid up when we got home.  Too bad he woke up to party at 4am...  This week Reid also ate his rice cereal and prunes.  We're sticking with prunes for a while if you know what I mean!  Michael put together Reid's bouncer/play station and he loves it (see below pic and drool stream!).  Reid slept on his belly for the first time and has kicked the swaddle to the curb (I thought that was going to be awful but it hasn't).  I'm joining a MOPS group at a local church.  I'm ready to make more friends and join a play group.  Hopefully MOPS will help with that. 


Anyhoo, I'm blissfully ordinary right now with writer's block and loving it!

1 comment:

  1. Ordinary is delightful and to be cherished. And, ordinary with a child is extraordinary. Love this post. Love YOU.

    ReplyDelete