Sunday, April 18, 2010

Have ya heard?

In case you haven't heard, we're infertile. As I've mentioned before, we're seeking an IVF doctor and we have an appointment on April 26. Unfortunately until then, we're just the same 'ole couple we've been for the last two years that can't get pregnant. I don't know why I'm having such a hard time having the positive attitude that this will all work out, but I'm struggling. Everyone is so supportive and reminds me to just make it until the 26th and then we'll know more. As much as I want to know more, the thought that this will ultimately be our last effort is very hard to accept. I keep wondering if we've drawn the short straw.

Russia ceasing adoptions this week doesn't help anything either. We just had a great discussion with my cousin who adopted from Russia; we (I think Michael too) were just starting to warm up to the idea. My heart aches for all the families who were in the process of bringing a little one home only to have it suddenly halted. I wonder how the family that sent the little boy back to Russia feels? It's not a package...it's a child. The aftermath is felt even in our home.

The emotional part of this challenge is, as I'm frequently reminded, the hardest part. Why crosses my mind several times a day. It's weird, though, lately. I don't have all the other emotions right now. Just why. Why is this happening?

Why us? Then again, I wouldn't off-load this burden and heartache to anyone so, then again, why not us?

2 comments:

  1. Olivia, I have the same thoughts everyday as well. Some days are easier than others and I enjoy life. Other days are hard as heck and its hard to enjoy the little things.

    I pray that we both receive the little blessings that we want.

    Please keep us posted and all the best on the 26th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Why us" is a hard question. In reality it should be equal to "why not us"...right? we thought about these questions a lot over the past year, and I wish I had something profound to encourage you with. Unfortunately, all I have is a virtual hug and a shared belief in a God who knows.

    looking for an update on this week's appointment, friend...

    ReplyDelete