Sunday, April 11, 2010

Top 10 Reasons going to a Bret Michael's Concert is Cool

I went to a Brett Michael's concert on Friday. Even more amazingly, it was the 2nd time I've been to see him at the same venue. And you just thought you knew me! So it turns out that I'm not who you thought...in fact, I'm a (gasp) Bret Michael's fan. Here's the top 10 reasons why:

1. He puts on a good show and we had center, 4th row seats.

2. I know all the words to the Poison songs and can sing along and act a fool.

3. Everyone at the concert had the wiggles. By mid-concert, even I had the wiggles.

4. Excellent people watching. Don't stare, though, you'll get your a*# kicked.

5. This preppy white girl almost got into several altercations. I had to get one lady kicked out. Turns out that Bud-Light and Brett Michael's make already crazy people turn into absolute zoo creatures. I'll elaborate more on this one...a lady a few seats down on me threw her full drink on her date. A few drops went on me so I turned my head to see what happened. She saw me look and then decided she should kill me. Then she smacked me on the behind when I walked past her when I had to go to the bathroom. Then she began making out with the guy she threw the drink on. Then she got into another fight with him. Cue security - I'd had enough. All the while, I had to sit on my cousin Robin so she didn't defend my honor. Fight #2 of the evening was when the girl in front of us stood in her chair. We very nicely asked her to get down several times. On the last time my mom asked her to please get down so we could see, the chair-crawler called her the nastiest double-cuss you could imagine. Good thing I'm civilized, 30, sober and trying to get pregnant. Otherwise, I might have gotten my butt kicked all over the place trying to defend my mom's honor!
Just call us the bouncers!

6. Brett never cussed, played tribute to our troops, and raised money for Diabetes charity.

7. I love that the same guy that hooked up with 50 different women in Rock of Love (TV show) actually has a conscience to raise money for charity.

8. I took a picture with the drummer. I don't think his alma mater is TCU, but he still has purple hair which I love.

9. I got to wear my black leather knee boots and black leather jacket and, considering the crowd, could still be considered conservative.

10. I'm a sucker for pretty blue eyes!! lol!

I'm not going to lie, I was dreading it a bit after a full week's worth of work. Lately I've been feeling like hitting the couch on Fridays way more than hitting a concert, but it actually turned out to be a lot of fun.

2 comments:

  1. This all sounds very exciting to me! My "principal" side would have come out. Just reading about it makes my adrenalin levels rise. I would have SO embarrased you. Glad you had a great night. You deserve some fun! Love to you, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I know you really are from Healdton.... :)
    Just kidding...

    ReplyDelete