Monday, April 5, 2010

Oh I wish I were an extroverted weiner...

Well half that is true. I thought of the blog title getting ready for bed. It was actually just going to be..."Oh, I wish I were an extrovert". Then, I got the Oscar-Meyer jingle in my head and, well you know, had to share.

I wish I were extroverted so I wouldn't feel like a smushed putty when I get home from work. Today I got to work at 7am to get some work done before the action started. We have over 40 people smashed into less than 5,000 square feet of office space. Right now I'm acting as the greeter, operator, receptionist and whatever else the day calls for in addition to my regular job. And no, an Executive Assistant to the President isn't a secretary. If I get referred to a secretary one more time, I might just...oh, who am I kidding? I'll just get really pissed and sulk. Anyhoo, today I reception-ed. Literally, 12 hours of visiting and answering the phone. I wonder who is going to do my work? I guess me in my "off" time.

Getting back to why I wish I were extroverted...I just wish I fed off of chaos and other people's energy. It is just one of those traits I wish I had. But I don't. So my smushed little putty brain is hitting the hay and going to try again tomorrow!

One quick prayer request though, s'il vous plaƮt. Please pray for our friends MarJoe. (Think collectively, like Bennifer or Brangelina.) They had their IVF transfer today. I'll write a dedicated post about their journey with infertility, maybe tomorrow. For this evening, let's pray for a lush, uterine environment for those two little eggs they implanted. Please Lord, let them be blessed with a healthy pregnancy. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. We'll say a prayer for MarJoe.
    And what happened to your Monday ultimatum? Remember...make 'em get someone else to be receptionist?!
    I know, I know...easier said than done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the best! I mean, really, you are a great friend. Prayer is the best gift.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete