Sunday, April 4, 2010

Smart (adjective): Steve

This blog is good for two things – griping about infertility and giving much overdue shout outs. It’s a good day when I feel like doing the latter. So on this glorious day…

I’d like to give a shout out to the person who resurrected my dictionary when I met him in 2001 and now (yay! for modern technology) I have Wikipedia saved as a favorite thanks to his vocabulary. If he were that Dos XX commercial it would go like this:
His Christmas letter takes the reader until the next Christmas to finish and comprehend.
His poodle is smarter than your high school English teacher.
His knowledge of film, art and music make you feel like you’ve lived under a rock for the last 30 years.
He beat the inventor of scrabble at his own game.
He is the most Smartest-est Man in the World.

He’s my step-father-in-law (FIL) and his birthday is tomorrow. In honor of this day, I give him what every FIL would naturally want – a shout out on an infertility blog. I mean really, who wouldn’t want to be given the ‘ole Happy Birthday in this fashion?

So happy birthday, Steve. Michael and I are happy you are in our lives. We kind of like that wife of yours too!

Oh, and if you readers think I’m over exaggerating on his smart-ness, check out his blog:

http://cool-hot-center.blogspot.com/

:)

2 comments:

  1. LOL - this is awesome. Perfect birthday shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it - cracked me up and SO true. We love Pops!

    ReplyDelete