Friday, February 4, 2011

Highland Village hath frozen over...

It froze over not because of the ice and snow that has prohibited us from leaving the house, but rather, because I baked a cake. Kind of. I went to clean out my pantry today and realized that until we eat some of the stuff in there, it's kind of a lost cause. Sooo, what's a girl to do? Bake, I guess. An example of my non-baking tendency is the fact that I have only one six seater muffin tin. Oh and before I keep the facade going, we're talking boxed cake and canned icing, but still. Anyhoo, I made 6 strawberry cupcakes and 1 small strawberry cake. Are you worried that my honey is going to starve because he can't eat cake? Worry no more. I just so happen to have a gluten free cake mix and he got a vanilla cake! I even tried to make homemade cream cheese icing for his cake but it turned out to look like cottage cheese so it got trashed. I shared my strawberry icing with him and he has 1/2 an iced cake and 1/2 of a cake that could pass for cornbread. 'Ole gluten boy is easy to please so I don't think he minded. In fact, he seemed pleased with his glass of milk and strawberry vanilla gluten free cake made with l-u-v.

What? You still don't believe I made a cake without being threatened by robbers forcing me to make a cake or they'll take my chihuahua? Here's proof.

Other cooped up, nesting good or just plain 'ole wifely duties include getting our taxes ready, completing thank you notes to date, (as seen here - ready to be taken to mailbox when ice melts)

laundry, never ending medical bills paid, oh and I made a breakfast casserole that's in the fridge for tomorrow morning, (yes, I'll provide proof again)

and cleaned out the kitchen cabinets to make room for Reid's bottles and misc. baby "stuff".
I don't have an after photo, but Reid now has two cabinets just for him.


I got a little giddy when I got to this cabinet.
You know, the Tupperware cabinet. I can just see Reid one day with everything totally pulled out of this shelf with a plastic bowl on his head and another in his hands using a spoon as a drum. Besides storing left overs, that is what Tupperware is for, right?



Hopefully we'll be able to get out tomorrow and take a break from domestic duties! If not, I'm sure there is something that I can demolish and put back together in a nice, orderly, nesting approved fashion. :)

2 comments:

  1. The strawberry cake looks delicious, and I know MR loved it. Gluten-free cakes, cookies, etc. aren't the lightest bakery items, but MR always seemed to enjoy any attempts at baking by his family. Kudos to you. Won't be long until Reid Michael makes his debut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a good list of to-do's checked off! Way to go Liv! It's fun to watch your nest-y projects. And if you run out of things to do at your house, you're welcome to come to mine next!

    ReplyDelete