Tuesday, October 4, 2011

It's nice for once...

to just be simple.  These photos are from early August when we went to Rockport with Christy and Cordel.  Michael took them and I just love them.  And I love being a mom.  It seems like most of my life I've ran around in circles trying to be the perfect student, career woman, wife, daughter, friend and usually overcommited mess.  The utter simplicity of my daily challenges, now, are wonderful.  It's like I've pushed pause and am truly enjoying this time staying home with Reid.  Every day is an exhausting blessing. I love playing with Reid all day but I'll admit I'm ready for Reid to go to sleep by 7:30pm so I can get some things done around the house and have dinner.  But honestly, I miss him by 9pm!  He looks so sweet sleeping that I just want to snuggle with him.  I don't, however, like to snuggle at 4am like this morning like we did this morning (Reid had the hiccups for an entire hour)!  :) 

I never understood why we had to wait so long to have a baby.  I used to ask "why" in every prayer.  But Michael and I waited in hope.  I know now without a doubt why...and our hope turned into a blessing named Reid. 

Time for bed for me.  I never know when my blessing might wake up from those pesky teeth that won't show their face!


3 comments:

  1. This made me tear up! So sweet, Miss Olivia. You look so beautiful in the pics, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picts - it's nice to have some with mom in them!

    ReplyDelete