Monday, February 22, 2010

She's BA-ACK!


To work that is...today was my first day. I'll say, it was a good first one. However, it was different that other fist days that I've had. At my last two jobs there were ladies who took me under their wing showed me over and over where shared drives were, how to set up my voicemail and where to run and hide. Not today; not a go-to person in sight. I began my day with an HR briefing and then it was off to my desk to figure things out. There were very nice IT peeps to set up my email and get me started with my phone, but other than that I basically just snooped, sifted, observed and tried to look busy with all my "HR" docs that needed filling out. I can certainly feel the calm before the storm. People are scrambling to get things done. We are in a temporary office until we get the certificate of occupancy to move into the hospital. I know my busy time is coming. It's kind of nice just getting to stick a toe in today before I'm paddling like hell in the near future.

I'm thankful for the job; I think it is going to offer me a great and very productive outlet. Plus the paycheck every other week will be awesome!!! Thanks, everyone, who wished me well today. I feel very loved and cared for by my friends and family.

Here is my pic getting ready to walk out the door. Dang my purse was heavy today!!

P.S. Puerto Vallarta pics and tales coming soon. I'm still deciding how much public humiliation that I will put out on this blog - also referred to as photo selection. :)

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Glad to hear it was a good day. I meant to call you on Sunday to wish you good luck, but clearly didn't. :( Can't wait to see Puerto Vallarta pictures...and there's no way they could be humiliating...trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute picture of you! Glad it was a good first day...thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sweet Ellie . . . all she wanted was to go to work with you. Surely the hospital wouldn't mind. She could "get into" dog therapy!

    You go, Liv!!!!

    ReplyDelete