Friday, March 5, 2010

A few thoughts before bed...


1. I've been a Debbie Downer. Just read over my blog - WOW. Glad life is a roller-coaster...and that there is always the upswing. Surely it's just around the corner.

2. Getting up at 6:40am sucks. Yep, it just sucks.

2.5 Dry shampoo is the best invention ever. Pssst (that is what it is called). Sold at Walgreens, less than $5 and saves 20 minutes on off days of hair washing. Only hiccup is the old lady smell. Who cares about the smell?!

3. Getting a paycheck again doesn't suck. In fact, Michael and I both got paid today. Amazing!

4. My house is baby-shower-esque. KB's shower is tomorrow. Blue hydrangeas, re-arranged furniture, blueberry mimosas and blueberry seltzers. It's a boy by the way... The other hostesses are amazing party planners and I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

5. I live vicariously through friends who are pregnant and I don't think it is weird. If I can't do it, damn it, there will be blueberry or strawberry butter for the biscuits!

6. I love my husband. I've been in a weird mood for two days and he just keeps taking it and exhibiting patience. He seems confident that I'm going to snap out of it. I appreciate him and just thank God for the partnership.

7. My Chihuahua is so darn cute (see above).

8. I need sleep. Speaking of sleep, since I've gone back to work, I've been sleeping like a baby. I am soooo thankful for rest. It's been a long time since I've slept this well. I love it.

9. People actually read this blog. I've gotten feedback from a couple of people who have been forwarded this blog who are going through similar things with fertility. You know that saying, "I was moved"? Well I was. Their comments absolutely made me feel OK with talking about infertility in a public way. So, I will quit questioning if this thing is TMI. Apparently it is not for others that are going through this, friends and family who want to keep up, and me who wants to write sometimes. Yay, blog!

1 comment:

  1. God is truly moving mountains in your life. This blog is a perfect way to keep track of everything that God has revealed in His perfect time. I am so proud of you and the way you have taken "infertility" by the horns to rid yourself of the bull. ;o) Keep it up! You definitely inspire me.

    ReplyDelete