Sunday, April 3, 2011

Food Crawl!

What should an expectant mother and father do when they are mere days away from giving birth? Most would probably do something super productive. The Robinsons, however, prefer to eat. Friday night we had date night at Pappasitos as I was craving their chicken fajitas. No other queso or fajitas would do. Period. It was fantastic...the people we encountered were odd, though. Some lady basically attacked Michael to give him a hug and tell him he was cute and then gave him a peppermint. Our waiter might have been the moodiest person I've ever encountered and every person that visited the bathroom as much as me was drunk as a skunk! But it made us very happy to bring our full bellies back to the burbs when we were finished.  We had a great time together!

Yesterday at lunch Michael made me his "Made with Love" sandwich. For those of you who do not know, Michael makes the best sandwich known to man.
World famous, "Made with Love" Sandwich

The Chef
Last night, we were supposed to go to III Forks for my big steak dinner (I mean, really?? Am I five years old?).  However, I just couldn't get it together or bring much of an appetite so we decided to stay in and grill instead.  We had fresh salmon, corn and black bean succotash and fresh green beans.  It was yummy.  I even had a few sips of white wine...Later in the evening, just when I was feeling like I had made very healthy choices during the day, my hubby brought me vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce and bananas.  Mmmmm, I gladly ate it up! 
We always eat this healthy, lol.
This morning we had planned to go to church.  Then our procrasination got the best of us and we wound up at my favorite little breakfast dive called the Mecca.  It is on Harry Hines...if you leave with your hubcaps you are in luck.  However, the blueberry pancakes are worth the drive even if you have to donate your hubcaps or billfold to get out of there.

Mecca!

Yet again, we anticipated going to III Forks tonight but we're both still full from breakfast so we're just going to hang out.  (Plus we have lots of leftovers from our 2 day gorging!)

We have our last OB appointment at 2:45pm tomorrow and we check in to the hospital at 5am on Tuesday!  Everyone keeps reminding us to make the best of these last few days and I think we are just in our own little way of being together and talking about the future...as in what's for dinner and how we are going to raise this boy! 

4 comments:

  1. What a fun way to spend these last few days before Reid's arrival! Such fun . . . Sorry you didn't make it to III Forks. I promise it won't be your last chance to eat there. I'll babysit! Love to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect weekend to me. It's been years since I've been to the Mecca! I need to go back. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for the two of you! Little Reid will be here before you know it! I pray for everything to go smoothly and please post pictures as soon as you can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya tomorrow! You're only a DAY AWAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete