Monday, July 26, 2010

Another update...

Hi everyone, well the transfer went great yesterday! We transferred two healthy embryos and as a friend of mine likes to put it - I'm (actually considering the friend, we're) pregnant with twins until proven otherwise!!! I continue to take progesterone and Lovenox shots so I am still whiny but happy that everything is going so well.

So this morning we also got the call that - wait for it - we have THREE embryos to freeze! We're going to have a basketball team - I just know it! Imagine the celebration when we heard that we have other embryos to freeze to extend our family further in the future. Cut to ten minutes later. I bee-bop to the girl's room to go tinkle, stretch for the TP and my back completely locks up. I mean completely can't move, can't breathe, can't think. All I could do was scream for Michael and when that didn't work, bang on the wall as hard as I could. Poor Michael came running, probably scared to death. I was in so much pain, he asked me if he should call an ambulance?! Anyhoo, he got me to bed (it is pure love when your hubby has to pick you up off the toilet!) and, thank goodness, the pain has gotten better as the days has gone on. Imagine this: Lortab is the doc's recommendation. No accupunture or chiropractor...just narcotics! However in the last 36 hours, I have started to think like a mommy. I considered just hanging in there with the pain, but when I had to again have assistance in the potty department, I decided one pain pill might help and it did. It loosened my back to where I can walk. Hopefully (fingers crossed) it will un-lock tomorrow and I'll be good to go.

I know each of you have been praying for Michael and me and I assure you God is blessing us because of your petitions; but if I may, I'd like to add to your prayer requests. I have two friends walking this exact IVF journey at the same time as well as another friend dealing with a similar assisted fertility challenge. Plus one other friend that is always on my mind and has suffered great loss. If you could lift them up as well, I'd appreciate it so much. As personal as this challenge is, when you have other families going through the same trial it just makes it a shared journey. I promise that God will know who you are talking about if you pray for my four friends.

I'm always asking for something from those of you who read this blog. Usually I offer beer or naming my first born child if you cooperate. I'll be thinking of a good reward for this one...! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment