Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I want to lay these eggs...

I hope this is the only time in my life I feel like a fat chicken ready to lay eggs. See my self portrait above.

In my quest to be the chick with the best eggs, I have completed day 5 of the stim drugs. That is self-administering 2 shots in the morning and 1 at night. I have blood work every other day. So I just counted up...that's 26 shots; and as of tomorrow, I've had 3 blood-draws from IVF. I'm tough. I still haven't had a total mental breakdown. I've only screamed at my dogs and that isn't anything new. I'm still kicking. Woo-hoo! I think I'm going to make it! Our egg retrieval is scheduled for next week sometime. Pray, pray, pray that this works because as tough as I think I am, this still is the hardest thing I've ever done.

Oh, the dogs have a stomach virus...all 3 of them. Poo galore. The last two days after I give my shots in the morning, I have had the pleasure of cleaning poo, then going to work. The poo been the most stressful part of all this! While we're at it, lets pray that their little stomachs heal. I am at max capacity for administering medical care. We don't want my first crazy move to be just opening the front door and waving bye-bye to dog-dogs.

More updates to come. Hopefully some blogging on other "stuff" soon.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I hope the dogs feel better soon and praying for you!!!! Scott will kill me for this but we can watch them for a few days if you need a break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This picture made me laugh so hard. I can only imagine the feeling, but the picture itself is so funny!

    ReplyDelete