Sunday, July 18, 2010

Surprise!

You know that level that was way elevated that I said was a good thing (yesterday's post)? Well you can get too much of a good thing. As in ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome! It looks like we just snuck in under the "your going to be very sick" radar and will just be pretty yuck after the retrieval and transfer. It's a pretty long story of why, but you'd think I'd feel better after they remove all these eggs. But I just found out that the follicles fill back up with fluid and I'll be more bloated after they take my little Mikey-O's (gross, I can't believe I just gave microscopic eggs a nickname, but I did!) out of my ovaries...which will happen TUESDAY! I got the call this afternoon that my levels had dropped to a safe number and to give myself the hcg trigger shot at 8pm tonight.
Please pray, please pray, please pray! Good surgery, good quality, good fertilization, good growth, and good transfer on Friday or Sunday. Oh and a successful pregnancy! He/she who prays the most can have a child named after him/her! I'm all about rewards for prayerful petitioners! :)

4 comments:

  1. This is so exciting and scary! I am praying for you guys and know it will be a success!!! I have a mental picture of the kids' book about the golden egg...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shall name him/her...Mini Me. I'm thinking Annette for a girl or Annot for a boy? Eh? Sound good? I kid, I kid. The point is, I'll be a prayin'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meridio for a boy. Meredian for a girl.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nanette Merberry for girl;

    Nano Steverino for boy.

    This is serious business. You should have NEVER posted that, Olivia. There will be major family wars over this issue.

    ReplyDelete