Thursday, July 22, 2010

Shots on the House!

Anyone want a shot administered by a hot male nurse???
Thus far, Michael has been spared in the needle department. I gave myself my own stimulation injections for a couple of weeks. But, the newest shot o'the day is progesterone in oil and it goes in my derriere. And try as I might, I just can't get a good angle to give myself a shot in the butt. So my darling, eager Michael was johnny-on-the-spot to volunteer. He's been wanting to legally administer pain to me for 7 years...I just know it. :) I can see the look in his eye!

Ok, not really!

It went well! He was so cute and wanted to know how bad it hurt as soon as he was finished. Then I said I needed something cold to put on it and he sprinted to the kitchen to get my coke zero can. I totally need to post about my lucky coke zero....maybe tomorrow.

Anyhoo, we find out the quality of our embryos tomorrow. Hopefully in the morning!

I'm finally feeling better after my little, *ahem*, run in with the milk of magnesia. I went to my doctor this morning to get checked out since I had a lot of pain that had intensified yesterday evening. Everything looked fine and I was only a little dehydrated so they sent me home to drink up the fluids. I love my doctor.

A couple of other things:
  • I would give my husband mad props for giving me the shot and doing a good job, but he's enjoying a glass of wine right in front of me so he's already back on my list of people to throw needles at.
  • I may not be fertile, but I did win in one department...I have better in-laws that you. :) Of the many lovely people that fit in the "Olivia's in-law" category, my sister-in-law Anne brought us dinner last night. It was mexican casserole, pico, chips and banana pops. It was delish and soooo appreciated. It was yummy to eat something prepared at home. Needless to say we've been eating a lot of take-out with all this going on. Thank you Anne (and Mark for finding Anne just for me so she could be my SIL...oh, fine and all that about her being your soul-mate, blah, blah, blah.)
  • I may not be fertile, but I also win in the friends department. I am overjoyed and literally moved to tears when I think how many people have sent me words of encouragement. I love each of you. I can't believe you read this blog, so you must love me too. (Insert quick apology now that you are buttered up: I've been bad about calling back this week. I just want to lay in bed and not hear myself whine to everyone over the phone. I think I'm good enough to talk now, so I'm about to start calling!).

Until tomorrow...!

2 comments:

  1. We DO love you! And, we must love your husband too in order to look at that frightening picture above and laugh rather than come over to rescue you.
    I'm interested in your lucky coke zero story - it's my favorite "diet" drink.
    I laughed out loud when you thanked Mark (mainly cause he never would have thought that far ahead, but that's beside the point).
    Ok, I'm sooo thinking of you guys and praying for positive results tomorrow. We're here for you either way! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - did you read that your blog backgound is disappearing on Friday? There's a box at the top of your blog - that'll be good distraction to sort through pages and pages of templates!

    Ok, did I just geek out right there?

    ReplyDelete