Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Well I was feeling good...

Hey, I'll be glad to report that I'm just plain 'ole pregnant one day. But until then, I'll continue to write in this crazy fertility language and give really disgusting updates like this one. I apologize in advance.

So I had the egg retrieval yesterday. They retrieved 21 eggs. Yes, I'm huge. Like I need Palmer's stretch mark prevention, I've grown so much. The lab called this morning and 11 of the egg fertilized. We're a little disappointed as we hoped more of them would get to the next stage, but beggars can't be choosy. Also we prayed to not have more embryos than we can have as a family so I know this is just God taking care of us.

We won't hear from the lab until Friday as they let the embryos (WE HAVE EMBRYOS!) rest and grow. Please pray that they develop and divide and do all the magic that will make them viable little potential babies.

So, I did really well after the retrieval. I felt pretty good and took a nap yesterday. I woke up and did some work, laundry, etc. but took it pretty easy. I probably didn't rest as much as I should have and I had trouble sleeping, but other than that, I can't complain. Oh, I had a wave of nausea but it went away. I really didn't have much pain. But, here is the gross part. I had very bad constipation due to all the meds. The nurse said to take some milk of magnesia this morning, so I did. Apparently the progesterone injections that I start tomorrow will exacerbate this little issue so she wanted me to get to feeling better before starting the 1st injection. Soooo, I took the medicine. Cue Olivia sick. I won't give details, but I think I need a bag of IV fluid. Even Gatorade is making me sick. I'm calling the doctor first thing in the morning.

Can you believe it? I got through all the stims, injections, surgery and emotion drain of all this... and freaking milk of magnesia did me in. I hate Phillips. That shizzle is the worst product on the shelves. I want my money back and payment for back-wages and damages for the dehydration. Or something like that.

I promised a while back to post on something other than this process, but lets be real, this is the only thing going on besides a view of my dogs ears sticking up as I lay at a 30 degree angle in bed (30 degree angle so the fluid can drain from my abdomen). Say-what?!

I'd say this is as good of a time as any to be thankful that I am 1) not single 2) don't have much of a male following on this blog. Because if I did, I think this post would scar them for life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment