Saturday, July 17, 2010

I got nothin' creative...

Yep, this is me. I still feel like a fat, bloated, frumpy hen. No, that's not quite right. A fat, bloated, frumpy hen pincushion is more like it. And as weird as that combo sounds, as you can see I'm not alone. Another like me exists above. Shewwww! Thank goodness there are more of us. :)

IVF Update:

Well we've been to the doctor every other day this week. My follicles are growing steadily and look good...something like 15 follicles so far. They are getting larger and I got a call today that my blood work was major high in a good way. I didn't even have to take my 3rd medicine today since the follicles are doing so well! I have to go back to the doctor in the morning (Sunday) at 8am. Thought I might get to sleep in, but good medical care wins out. Michael has been great at going with me to these appointments and it is much appreciated!

It looks like the egg retrieval may be moved up to Wednesday. And, I continue to feel really good...which surprises me. I also went to accupunture today. Lots and lots and lots of needles!

In between doctor appointments and work, we did get to do some fun stuff this weekend:
Michael and I had dinner with Nancy and Steve at a really cool restaurant called Loft 610. It was so good to get out to have a nice dinner especially with excellent company!

We also got to see MarJoe. Margo is 17 weeks pregnant with twins and is a success story from IVF!!! She's healthy and adorable. And just for good measure, Joe is healthy and adorable too.

More news to come tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck at your early morning appointment today! I hope it is all going well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work! And yes, it sounds like it is WORK - a full-time job this baby business. But so worth it in the end. I'm thinking about you everyday.

    p.s. we love Loft 610! great place.

    ReplyDelete