Tuesday, March 22, 2011

37 WEEKS!!!!

We made it to full term as of today! Yay! We had our visit to the doctor yesterday and I am dilated to a 2 and 75% effaced. Also Reid's head is even further down low so he is fully committed to the birth canal at this point (yes, I packed lots of hats as we have been warned that his head will be misshapen at this point since he has been in engaged down there for over a month). The doctor said he "highly doubts" we'll make it to our induction date on April 5th...this suddenly is very real to me (duh, I know). I just assumed we'd make it to the 5th and it would be very organized like I like things. The Grandparents would all know exactly when to be at the hospital, etc. Now I keep picturing my water breaking or the contractions without water breaking and not knowing when it is time to go and then there is actually making it to the hospital! You know, the usual things that people probably think of months ago that are just now becoming a real possibility. Our prayer is to make it another week to 38 weeks since white boys have wimpy lungs!

I planned on resting today because I had a really ouchy contraction this morning and didn't want to induce anything but then I opened the fridge and was disgusted that "it was dirty". Of course, EVERYTHING had to come out to be washed and reloaded. My back hurts now but it's clean, clean, clean! Mike did several honey-do's without complaint (or minimal at least that I bought a cheap shelf that was hard to assemble!). I made blueberry muffins because they sounded good. I also had lunch with Marcy and Charlene from home since they were in the area dropping off Marcy's husband, Fred at the airport. That was a treat. Then my friend, Lauren, brought over dinner because I complained about being uncomfortable. What a sweetheart! Our sons will be just about a month apart. I really wish they could grow up living right up the road from each other like they do now but Lauren and family are moving to Jackson later this Summer. I'm bummed about it and excited for them all at the same time. This is a pic of their son, Thomas, on Mike's chest. Lauren's husband got the flu right after bringing Thomas home from the hospital so Lauren and Thomas stayed with us some of the first week of his life. It was a great trial run!

Mike and Thomas

Mike and I also went to the smoke shop today to buy cigars. We unwrapped them and put "It's a Boy!" stickers on them. I mean, we must have cigars, right???

As far as pregnancy symptoms - as a side note, are they even symptoms at this point? It's more just like life as I know it. But anyhoo:

Cravings: SWEETS. Anything with major sugar in it. I could lie and say "but I'm not giving in"...but I am. I am eating like a mad woman. I am like a bottomless pit. Starving like never before. I know I need to slow down as it has an effect on Reid too but willpower is hard to come by right now.

Weight: About 30 lbs gained.

Figure: Totally hilarious. I could have never imagined how big this belly would get, but it's fun. My back and butt are all square too. I forgot to take a 36 week picture but will take a 37 week as soon as I'm presentable. Probably Friday night when we have dinner with the Browns.

Ailments: I hurt all over. It's probably worst in my hips and ribs. I think it's just from stretching getting ready to deliver this big 'ole baby.

Fun part: Michael being home and unable to travel. I've forgotten what it is like to have a hubby home every night. We just sit around and stare at each other because we're so ready to meet this little boy, but it is still cool. We love feeling Reid move, although his movements now do cause some discomfort. He's strong!

In general: I feel like the luckiest woman on earth!

3 comments:

  1. woohoo!! that little baby is going to make his debut so soon. can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very exciting!!! Post a picture stat - I know you are holding out on us...I also know you surely look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting!!!! Get to walking in this gorgeous weather and get that baby out! No worries if his head is mis-shaped at first, my neices was but it's fine now!

    ReplyDelete