Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Update, tailbone drama, full time job and first mobile post

We had a doctor appointment yesterday. I am still dilated at a 2, now 90% effaced and baby is still in the birth canal. I also had another sign of upcoming arrival yesterday but I refuse to use it's official name on a blog so let's just say we're getting close. The doctor feels like we'll make it to April 5th since the dilation stalled but I'm not convinced... One of my concerns right now is my tailbone which I broke when I was little in an unfortunate skating incident, lol. Imagine that! Well it has given me problems throughout my life. Nothing too bad but I still feel some spasms here and there. Somehow I forgot to mention this to anyone before we got pregnant to get an x-ray to see if it is 'in the way' of a natural birth. Now that Reid has set up shop in that region I'm wondering how this is going to work. Worst case scenario, he breaks the bone again during birth. The doctor is not opposed to a c-section if I want...but I don't. I really don't know what to do. This one is a personal decision but it effects everyone that will help care for Reid if it re-breaks. I'm a little stressed with this and think it has been the source of some of my frustration the last few days. I just want to do the right thing. Please pray that the Lord steers my decision.

On a lighter note, I washed my cell phone on Sunday (mmmm, smells like Downy!). Michael to the rescue as always. Then yesterday Michael went to work out. By the time he got home I had locked my keys in my car, messed up my new phone's keyboard and the internet wouldn't work. Michael looked at me and smiled. He told me that I was becoming a full time job. Normally I would be offended but it is soooo true! When did I become such a liability??? We had a good laugh and then Michael once again fixed everything.

I am now at Wal-Mart about to stock up on lots of things. (You may wonder why I'm blogging at Wal-Mart. They have a Dunkin Donuts! I'm watching the news, drinking decaf and eating an egg white, flatbread...fine, and an apple fritter). I downloaded an app for blogger and decided to test it out. Hopefully it works! They say it is good to walk so I'm trying to stay active and might as well walk with a purpose even if it is an Wal-Mart. (OK, posting at Wal-Mart didn't work but it saved it and I was able to publish when I got home. Groceries are expensive right now...I set my all time record!)

Lastly, several people have asked me where we are delivering, which is Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano. It's about a mile north of the Tollway and George Bush...off Parker. I'll let ya know when we get there if it is before April 5th!

Lastly, lastly some lady just sat down next to me and broke out Wal-Mart bought sushi. The smell is disgusting! I'm eating donuts and she's eating sushi. I gots to go on that note!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed this newsy post, and I love the sweetness between you and Mike, too. You're going to be awesome parents, and I am just on pins and needles waiting for little Reid. Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete