Friday, March 25, 2011

Nesting defined

I figured out that what I've been doing for months is not "nesting". It was just getting organized and prepared for baby.

Nesting, as defined by Olivia, is insanity. It's wanting to soak the dogs every 5 minutes (they've all had baths this morning). They have grooming appointments the day before my induction date to "be pretty for baby". Everything is spotless. My cleaning lady now comes once per week instead of every other week. The laundry is done. The fridge is cleaned out. All bedding is dry cleaned. Now I'm just picking this place apart piece by piece. It's crazy, I know. It's like the dog about to give birth and moves around the bedding/wood chips for hours right before her pups are born. I've decided there is just nothing I can do about it as I've tried to chill out. We do have dinner out with the Browns tonight so that will be good and distracting. And I have some errands to run so I'm just getting out of here this afternoon to avoid my mind. :)

Our spring cleaning extravaganza (see last post) went well yesterday except they wanted to take the couches outside to clean because they were worried about damaging the hardwoods. Apparently they haven't heard about dropclothes, but what-ev. I told the cleaner just leave it but he insisted...until the sleeper part fell out of the couch and straight into the front door. It took a chunk of wood out. So we have to get that repaired. They've been really responsive so that is good.

Things still left to do...
-Go to the grocery store to stock up on "stuff".
-Go buy a new tube top bra from Francesca's. My "area" hurts there and those tube tops work great for around the house. I hate bras if you didn't already know that. Those sleep bras that you can buy are awful! Tube tops are much better.
-Get the dry cleaned bedding put back on my bed.
-Put sheets on pack-n-play (don't want to do this until we leave for hospital so it doesn't get dirty in our bedroom since the dogs sleep in there).
-Whatever else I dream up.

I hope anyone who reads this has a good laugh instead of sending over a psych analysis to my house...truly, I will go back to the girl who has to "pick up quickly" when I hear someone is dropping by. I actually like her better too. :)

1 comment:

  1. You're right - NOW you're nesting! And it sounds like everything is SUPER clean at your house. Enjoy it while it lasts... :)

    ReplyDelete