Saturday, March 26, 2011

Letter for you...

(This is a letter for Reid that I will tuck in his baby book. Michael wrote one as well for him to have.)

Dear Son,

It has been the biggest pleasure of my life to get to know you for the last nine months. How fun is it that I got to carry you around all the time all protected and cared for in my belly? Your Daddy and I explored all sorts of options for starting a family. I asked God over and over again to please allow at least one time to get to be pregnant. And He did!

Our pregnancy time together has been very easy and full of life. One thing that I swore that I'd do from the time I found out I was pregnant with you was to enjoy every minute. I can't say that I've completely honored that promise as life is very busy and there are still daily trials and stresses to be dealt with but every day at some point, I have thanked God for you.

There have been so many exciting things to do to get everything ready for you! We decorated your nursery; installed your car seat; read books about pregnancy and some about what you might be like when you are born; we took child birthing and breastfeeding classes; Daddy and I had quiet time with you in the evenings and mornings and just waited and rejoiced in your movements which may be the simplest yet most phenomenal thing we've ever experienced; we were celebrated by friends; YOU were celebrated by friends; you've had future friends born; I've torn the house apart getting ready for you because I'm so anxious to meet you; we've talked about you constantly; we took a baby-moon vacation; I worked until the 3rd trimester started; we took lots of pictures of me "growing" and as a result, you growing; I kept a list of pregnancy ailments that no matter how much I enjoy being pregnant must be mentioned for humor and sympathy!; we've enjoyed more laughter than ever about the smallest things; and we have lived a whole 9 months of life with a greater purpose.

But, never, in all this chaos were you anything less that the most important thing in our lives. The two ways your Daddy and I have done this is by attending to our marriage so that you are brought into a household that is happy with an abundance of love for you, me and Daddy. And, I have tried to take care of you and me everyday with some help from Daddy.

We are expecting you any day now. I plan on keeping pictures, video and writing about all your firsts while you are a baby and toddler. Then you'll begin to make your own memories as you get older. I just want you to know that there was a time, before you'll ever remember, that you are loved, wanted and regarded as a answer to a prayer.

In fact as you grow up, I'm going to remind you of those three things. Because they will quite simply be in effect as long as I am your Mom.

We are ready to meet you, raise you and love you!

Love, Mom

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Made me cry. The monkey & I can't wait to meet him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made me cry. What a blessed little guy to have you guys as parents. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! I love all of the recent posts...hope you are not driving yourself too crazy with cleaning, etc. Rest!!!

    ReplyDelete